Thursday, January 5, 2012

Memories


Well, I am pondering the happenings of six years ago. I question myself, am I really that old, where did the time go, and have I been the best that I could be? These questions all fall on the subject of our sweetheart and light of our lives, Embree Anne Thompson.

At exactly 1:17am today our little baby will be six years old! Wow, how time flies! I still feel like it was yesterday when we went into the hospital, and through all the complications and misgivings we were blessed with this beautiful child. From the moment we saw her, we were changed for the better. She has had many hard times in her life that have challenged her physically, mentally and emotionally; and yet she has turned out to be a sweet, loving, fun little girl.

She is turning six and is already calling herself old, her comment to me this morning was"mom, it is hard being old, you have to do a lot of things and that makes me tired. It is hard being old, so hard!" If she is old and is only six what does that make the rest of us I wonder? She loves school and can't wait till she is home and able to do her homework! For Christmas all she wanted was crayons and a case that had crayons, markers, colored pencils, scissors, and glue so that she could do her homework. We just hope this love of homework last through the rest of her life.

She is the life of our little family and the joy of our lives. We can't believe that she will be six, but have enjoyed every minute that she has been with us, and look forward to the future with her. We LOVE you Embree!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Love,
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is six already either!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Embree!!!!